header

header

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Let the Countdown Begin...

My last day working at the daycare was July 3rd. I had a long relaxing July 4th weekend and began continued to think through some classroom stuff. Then, I headed off to the mountains to chaperone church youth camp on July 9th. We just got back today so I am OFFICIALLY in countdown mode!

My principal told me that I should be able to get into my classroom on July 23rd. Pre-planning starts on August 4th and the kids start on August 8th! I am so excited, but have so much to do before then. Here's my beautiful new "home away from home." 


Okay, so maybe it isn't beautiful YET, but it will be! Please excuse the poor quality. I was able to snag these pictures during hectic post-planning at the end of May. The teacher in this room is moving up to 2nd grade, so she will be taking a good bit of this with her. I was only there for a few hours looking over curriculum , teacher guides, and materials, so I have no idea what will really be in the room when I walk in there in a few weeks.

Something I DO know is that we have pretty strict fire marshal regulations. That means no cute paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling or adorable door decorations for the first day of school. I will have to be a little more creative to achieve my dream "Pinterest-y" classroom, but I am absolutely up to the challenge!

No comments :

Post a Comment